Week in Review - April 2nd

Hey there!

Hardly one week goes by without Elon Musk being in the news. This week he launched a new company and made history by reusing a rocket. I'm such a fan of this man. Such a role model!
He is founding companies in all different fields and even if he has no knowledge on the topic that's not a problem.. Have an idea? Just go for it! Articles, blogs, youtube is right there in the tips of your hand. Just do the work, within 6 months you can be anywhere.

On a personal side this week has been a very exciting and joyful week.
I'm up to some really interesting things that I look forwards to share with you. But first, let's have a look at the awesome stories of this week!

Hope this sparks good conversations. 

Wish you a wonderful Sunday!


30th of March SpaceX made history by successfully relaunching and re-landing a used Falcon 9 rocket booster for the first time. SpaceX's orbital rocket system is already the most affordable in the world, but reusability could save companies more than $18 million per launch which is 30 % cheaper.


Elon Musk just launched a company to merge your brain with a computer.
The company which is called Neuralink. Its ultimate goal is to create a series of devices that can be implanted in the human brain.  
"For a meaningful partial brain interface, I think we're roughly 4-5 years away" Elon Musk Says.


Brain implants have allowed a quadriplegic to move his arm.
He used a system combining a brain-computer interface (BCI) and Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) technology to move his arms again just by thinking.



Research shows that 40 % of all cancers are entirely preventable.
Scientists have published new research suggesting that up to 60% of cancers could be caused by random DNA mutations, rendering those cancers completely unavoidable. The other 40%, could be prevented via diet, exercise, and other environmental factors.



Researchers from Worcester Polytechnic create working heart tissue from a spinach leaf!!
Plants could eventually help us treat heart attack patients or others whose hearts have difficulty contracting.




The U.N. Met To Negotiate A Complete, Global Ban on Nuclear Weapons.
This week, over 3,400 scientists came together in support the United Nations' nuclear ban negotiations, signing a document by the Future of Life that calls for a total disarmament. Notable signees include Freeman Dyson, Stephen Hawking, and Daniel Dennett. More than 2,500 scientists from 70 countries have signed an open letter in support of the nuclear disarmament negotiations. Neuroscience professor and Nobel Laureate, Edvard Moser, believes nuclear weapons represent one of the biggest threats to our civilization.


US Congress voted to allow internet providers to sell your browsing history/data.


Another skyscraper concept entered the news this week. Architects propose an insane skyscraper suspended from an orbiting asteroid.
Could we survive on it?

Skyscrapers of the future. You gotta check these out! I could definitely live in one of those, as long as it was co-living focused.

Dubai is going to be the home for the world's first 3D printed skyscraper. Construction firm Cazza Technologies is behind it.




Any surface can be a touch screen with this new device.


Impossible Foods  (looking like a real burger, having the texture as one and tasting like one - but is plant based) are ready to scale up and bought a huge factory in Oakland (!!) This new facility of 60,000 square feet will make 12 million pounds of plant based burgers a year.  By the end of the year they are aiming to be in 1000 restaurants all over US.
The “meat,” developed by a team led by former Stanford biochemistry professor Patrick Brown.

Still fancy "old-fashioned" meat? Why not chose Memphis Meats, it's the same meat you eat from the animal, the exception is that the animal is left out of the whole process. We are 5 years away from lab grown meat hitting store shelves. Its healthier, cheaper and way better for our planet.





You can now design your own car and change it as much as you want.

SingularityHubs Top 5 Picks of The Week